Garage Door Spring Replacement
A GUIDE TO GARAGE DOORS
In your opinion, garage doors should be convenient and functional. However, they are much more than just home basics. If you’re deciding whether to replace or insulate your garage door, consider these factors
- Just take a look at your house from the front yard. Garage doors play a major role in aesthetics most of the time. Your home’s large, blank canvas deserves due attention to enhance curb appeal.
- When compared to the front door, this is likely your home’s most used entryway. Using quality materials and smooth operation ensures long-term effectiveness. You and your family will be able to come and go without a hassle.
- The garage door that provides smooth, safe operation to the people inside is well-made and well-functioning. The garage is also a great place to store many of your greatest financial assets.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT WHEN CONTRACTING GARAGE DOOR SERVICE?
- Courteous service
- An explanation as to which springs to use
- A cost estimate
- Quick repair of your broken spring
WHAT TYPE OF SPRINGS DO YOU NEED?
As indicated, garage door springs come in two main categories, extension and torsion. Considering the features of each type helps to determine which best fits your preferences.
Let’s take a look at the basics:
- Newer style
- Attached above the garage opening
- One single part
- Twist and coil using torque to raise the door
- More length and wire size options to fit your use
- Cause less wear to and power from the door operator
- Smooth, controlled door movement
- Easy to maintain
- Broken spring remains in shaft to decrease risk of damage or injury
- More durable
- Higher return on investment
- Growing in popularity
- Most common in residential garages
- Attached on both sides of the door
- Involve many exposed parts
- Extend or stretch upon opening the door
- Potentially result in a jerky door movement
- Possibly lead to door alignment and part wear issues
- Pair with safety cables to decrease risk of damage or injury
- Half the lifespan of torsion springs
- Cause damage when spring breaks
- Less expensive
CAUTION: improper garage door spring replacement in Brookfield leads to more harm than good, and can even result in death. A quality, local garage door specialist ensures proper installation and safety measures are heeded, keeping you and your family safe.